Below, I have given my opinion on how the PAC 10 Standings will look at the end of the season. As the top ranked sports handicapper in the world and an expert college football handicapper, I encourage you to follow my college football picks all year long and make this a very profitable year! Here’s a closer look at the PAC 10 race in 2010.
2010 Pac 10 Football Predictions
- USC Trojans- The Trojans will be hurt by the NCAA punishment over the next few years, but this year they will likely still be the class of the PAC 10. The league is definitely down, and Matt Barkley should mature into a very impressive quarterback for USC. The defense should be consistently strong as well.
- Oregon Ducks- The Ducks have Jeremiah Masoli to thank for not being at the top of this list. Masoli was their play maker at quarterback, but now they will probably have Nate Costa under center. The Ducks have tons of talent left on the team, but their offense will certainly be weaker than a year ago. They’ll need to lean on their defense.
- Stanford Cardinal- Most people won’t rank the Cardinal this high, but Jim Harbaugh is doing a tremendous job with this team. Gerhart is gone, but Andrew Luck will be one of the nation’s best quarterbacks this year. If the defense improves, this team could be dangerous.
- Oregon State Beavers- Oregon State still has the Rodgers brothers, which is plenty to make them a serious contender in the PAC 10. The real problem for them will be finding an efficient quarterback to guide the offense. This team must find some balance on offense to challenge for the PAC 10 title.
- Washington Huskies- Jake Locker is probably the single best player in the Pac 10, which is why I’ll put Washington this high on the list. The Huskies need to step it up defensively, but I think Locker will help them win quite a few close ones in 2010.
- Arizona Wildcats- The Wildcats have been improving the last few years, and the offense is becoming a force to be reckoned with. The defense loses a ton of talent, but Mike Stoops is great at bringing the best out in his defense. I think this team will progress nicely as the season moves along.
- California Bears- Jeff Tedford had the team where they were up in the top 10 and in the national title talk for a few years, but this team has slipped of late. The offense will be very good again with an experienced quarterback and solid running backs. The defense lost loads of talent and will likely be the weak link for this team.
- UCLA Bruins- The Bruins defense was very good in 2009, but the offense just didn’t pick them up. The running game has been non-existent and the quarterback spot is still a bit of a question. Expectations are high here, but a tough schedule will hold them back in 2010.
- Arizona State- Dennis Erickson’s team has been having fits moving the football in the past year. Erickson hired a new coordinator and they will attempt to run the spread, but I’m not sure they have the talent to run it effectively yet. This is a team that won’t be able to keep up with most in the PAC 10 when it comes to putting points on the board.
- Washington State Cougars- The Cougars of Washington State are definitely the worst team in the PAC 10 when it comes to talent right now. The offensive line has been atrocious and the defense is just downright terrible. This is a defense that allowed more than 2,800 rushing yards last season. Those kind of numbers don’t equal many wins at all.
If you are looking to bet on football this year and have your best your ever, keep it here at HunterSportsPicks for football picks from all the top experts in the world!